Three Twente startups - 20face, Hy2Care and LipoCoat – were nominated for the Academic Startup Competition 2019, but only LipoCoat made it into the top ten. The best ten startups will all present at the GES held in June in The Hague. As a courtesy of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, the winners also get a trip to Silicon Valley where they’ll learn how to scale up their innovation faster and take the step from startup to scale-up.
LipoCoat is a spin-off of the MESA+ institute at the University of Twente. The company has developed a bio-inspired coating technology that can make any surface resistant towards pollution of micro-organisms and proteins. The coating can therefore be used to, for instance, protect medical devices against dirt and bacteria.
Full list of the ten winning startups
- LipoCoat (University of Twente)
- ArthroSave (UMC Utrecht)
- Mosa Meat (Maastricht University)
- Amphera (Erasmus MC)
- Stentit (Technical University of Eindhoven)
- VSParticle (Technical University of Delft)
- Kepler Vision Technologies (University of Amsterdam)
- Findest (VU Amsterdam)
- Confocal.nl (University of Amsterdam)
- CardiacBooster (Radboudumc)