Ingredients (serving 4)
- 1 bag of nacho chips (the ones you get at the tortilla isle)
- 500 g minced meat (beef preferably)
- 100 gr iceberg (minimum)
- 1 bag of grated cheese
- 200 g Crème fraiche
- Cajun spice mix (few tablespoons)
- 1 onion and 1 small can of corn to the minced meat (or you could add paprika or beans too)
- Avocado, tomatoes, scallion (or cucumber, corn, herbs like coriander, whatever you please really)
- Preheat the oven on the grill/highest possible temp.
- Cut all the vegetables, combine the raw ones like avocado, scallion and tomatoes with the iceberg (finely chopped too, but if you take a bag that’s done for you) and set aside. Finely chop the onion too. If you want a more even distribution of crème fraiche throughout the dish you can choose to mix it through the lettuce as well, but I prefer to just do blobs of crème fraiche later.
- Preheat a frying pan with some oil on medium high. Fry the onion for a few minutes before adding in the mince. Season with the cajun mix. Fry until fully cooked through and you’re done.
- Really do the layers however you please. It is not shown in the video but sometimes I do multiple layers of chips (unfortunately I ate half of the bag while filming so there wasn’t a lot left).
- Start with a layer of chips, then the mince and then the iceberg. Add the crème fraiche in small blobs and the cheese.
- If you notice you have some chips leftover at assembly, just serve them alongside the dish.
- Bake the dish for 5 minutes under the grill setting of the oven. Just until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately!!! You want to prevent soggy food as much as possible but it also is kind of inevitable of course. Kind of part of the experience so try to enjoy it as it comes. And if you leave some chips for serving alongside (if you can resist eating them all) these can serve as the crunchy ones.