whatever you like. I can recommend these: https://www.utoday.nl/riannes-recepten/70291/episode-17-
Or make one similar to the one in the video:
2 small onions or 1 large
2 cloves of garlic
500 g minced beef
1-2 bell peppers
(other leftover vegetables)
1 small can of corn
1 small can of beans (whatever type you like)
1 can of diced tomatoes (or two small cans of tomato puree but usually I go with canned tomatoes)
2 tbs smoked paprika powder
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs ground coriander
1 ts chili flakes
Salt & pepper to taste
For the quesadillas
1 pack of tortillas (6 large or 8 smaller)
200 g crème fraiche
200 g grated cheese
For the guacamole
1 clove of garlic
Salt & pepper
Optionally: lime juice
Serve with some sliced scallion
1. Cut all vegetables, onion and garlic.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in some oil on medium high heat. Add the mince and fry until almost fully cooked. Add the vegetables and fry until soft. Add the corn, beans, spices and then the tomatoes and orange juice. Simmer until reduced to a thick sauce.
3. Prepare the tortilla with crème fraiche and cheese. Preheat a frying pan on medium high heat. Or use a contact grill. Optionally you can pre heat an oven on the lowest temperature possible to keep the quesadillas in while you’re preparing the rest.
4. Cover half the tortilla with filling and fold over to close. Fry the quesadilla on both sides in a dry frying pan until golden.
5. For the guacamole: mash an avocado (use a fork). Add the minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Optionally you can add some lime juice.
6. Serve the quesadillas with crème fraiche, guacamole, scallion and a wedge of lime.
After the summer, at the beginning of the new academic year, a unique and printed U-Today cookbook will be published, with recipes by Rianne. So keep an eye on our site and socials!