Ingredients (4 people)
300 g risotto rice
300 g bacon
1 roll (100 g) soft goat’s cheese
1 pot (680 g) pre-cooked beetroot (or 2 precooked beets)
2 cloves of garlic
1 glass of white wine
Zest of 1 lemon
1-1,5L Stock (cubes)
Salt & pepper
1. Chop the garlic and onion in fine pieces
2. Pre-heat a pan on low/medium high heat
3. Render the fat of the bacon (i.e. fry on a low heat so the fat is released) for 5-10 minutes.
4. If needed, add some additional fat, but otherwise just add the garlic and onion.
5. Fry for 5-10 minutes until they are slightly translucent. Add the rice and fry for 1-2 minutes until slightly translucent.
6. Add the wine and deglaze until the liquid is gone. Then slowly add the stock until it just covers the rice.
7. Stir the rice until the stock has been absorbed. Keep stirring to prevent boiling the rice. Keep adding stock until the rice is cooked through. Add pepper to taste and season with salt if needed. Probably not needed though.
8. Add the beets and stir through until everything is warm.
9. Add lemon zest to taste.
10. Serve with rocket and goat’s cheese.