INGREDIENTS (serving 10-12)
- 1-1,5kg Apples (I use Elstar)
- 2-3 TBS cinnamon
- 2-3 TBS dark brown sugar
- 150g flower
- 150g cold (!) butter
- 150g cane sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 50g oats
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the apples in bite size pieces (2cm)
- Add them to a baking dish and add cinnamon + dark brown sugar. Stir through. Taste the apples to make sure there is enough cinnamon and sugar in there.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the dough.
- Cut the butter in dices and mix through the flour, cane sugar, oats and salt.
- Mix through until it has the texture of coarse sand.
- Add the dough on top of the apples and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with the icecream.